The Plattsburgh Public Library operates under a Charter from the State of New York. The Mayor and the Common Council of the City of Plattsburgh appoint the Library Board of Trustees, which is the decision making body. Funding is provided by local and State funds, with the City of Plattsburgh providing the major portion.
2021 Board Members
- Shirley O’Connell, President, Ward V
- Jennifer Creedon, Vice President, Ward IV
- Elizabeth Baker, Secretary, Ward IV
- Jacob Avery, Ward II
- David Monette, Ward II
- Elaine Ostry, Ward III
Monthly Board Meetings are held the fourth Tuesday of every month (except December, which is the second Tuesday), in the first floor Smart Room (or due to COVID-19 via Zoom). They begin at 4:30 and are open to the public.
Committee Meeting Dates:
Finance & Facilities Committee, 3:30pm in the Smart Room (or due to COVID-19 via Zoom), every third Wednesday of the month (except September, which is the fourth Wednesday; and December, which is the second Wednesday).
2021 Meeting Minutes
2020 Meeting Minutes
LINKS TO TRUSTEE ORGANIZATIONS AND TRAINING MATERIALS
- NYLTO – New York Library Trustees Online
- What Every Trustee Should Know (1 hour recorded webinar)
- Handbook for Library Trustees of New York State, 2010 Ed.
- Library Trustees Association of New York State
- New York Library Association
- New York State Library
- Public Library Service Area Maps
- Library Laws and Regulations