The Plattsburgh Public Library operates under a Charter from the State of New York. The Mayor and the Common Council of the City of Plattsburgh appoint the Library Board of Trustees, which is the decision making body. Funding is provided by local and State funds, with the City of Plattsburgh providing the major portion.
2020 Board Members
- Elizabeth Baker, Ward IV
- Jennifer Creedon, Secretary, Ward IV
- Keri Mack, Vice President, Ward VI
- Shirley O’Connell, President, Ward V
- David Monette, Ward II
Monthly Board Meetings are held the fourth Tuesday of every month (except December, which is the third Tuesday), in the first floor Smart Room. They begin at 4:30 and are open to the public.
Committee Meeting Dates:
Finance & Facilities Committee, 3:30pm in the Smart Room, every third Wednesday of the month (except April & July , which is the fourth Wednesday; and December, which is the second Wednesday).
2019 Meeting Minutes
2020 Meeting Minutes
LINKS TO TRUSTEE ORGANIZATIONS AND TRAINING MATERIALS
- NYLTO – New York Library Trustees Online (contact us for a login if you are a library director or trustee)
- What Every Trustee Should Know (1 hour recorded webinar)
- Handbook for Library Trustees of New York State, 2010 Ed.
- Library Trustees Association of New York State (formerly known as NYSALB)
- New York Library Association
- New York State Library
- Public Library Service Area Maps
- Library Laws and Regulations